Welcome to Rye Little League!
Rye Little League was established in 1957.
We are members of Little League International and NY District 20
Please scroll down to see the latest news
Registration Now Open for 2022 Season!
- Boys and girls who will be ages 6 up to 12 by August 31, 2022, and live or attend school in the City of Rye are eligible to play.
- The regular fee to register for the Spring 2022 season is $200 for Tee Ball and $300 for Minors, Intermediates, and Majors. Discounts for families with multiple players will be offered in the registration process.
- Parents/guardians may register their child online at https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/298269
- Registration will close on February 15, 2022.
- Full details about Eligibility Rules can be found on the tabs to the left.
- Below is a brief summary of the general structure for each league:
- Kindergarteners will generally play Tee Ball
- 1st and 2nd graders will generally play Minor League
- 3rd and 4th graders will generally play Intermediate League
- 5th and 6th graders will generally play Major League
- Players returning to the same league as 2021 will remain on the same team to which they were assigned
- All 5th graders or players turning 11 by August 31, 2022 that did not play in the Majors in 2021 require a tryout for the Majors draft
- All 3rd graders, plus any other players turning 9 by August 31, 2022 who wish to play in Intermediates, require a tryout for the Intermediates draft
- Any player turning 10 by August 31, 2022 can try out for Majors, although space will be very limited, as we will cap rosters and prioritize players turning 11 & 12
- Tryouts are tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 5th in the Rye High School gym. We will confirm as soon as possible.
- Tryouts are strictly to allow our coaches to make informed decisions during our drafts. All players will be assigned to a team in the same league as their classmates.
- One important change for this season is that our Major League will revert back to using metal bats, rather than wood bats this year. Players will only be able to use bats with the USA Baseball label on them. Please double check, as no other bats will be allowed.
We are transitioning to TeamSnap for registration, so please scan proof of age (birth certificate) and upload during online registration. Apologies to those who have done this previously, but we need this information for insurance purposes